After 35 years of artistic career, Venezuelan singer María Rivas won her first Latin Grammy nomination in 2018 in the Best Traditional Tropical Album category for the album. reasons, interpreter in the first seven years.
Motivos is a production made by the bassist Miguel Chacón under the label Angel Artists. The album reflects Rivas' desire to always be praised by Ballads, Latin American music, and especially Aldemar Romero.
Many years ago, the singer had cancer in the lungs, so that record meant a lot more than the day she was published; it was also the first thing the artist based on awards given by the Latin Recording Academy.
About the time he heard of his Latin Grammy nomination, he says: eyi Together with Alfredo Naranjo and the Carabobo Symphony Orchestra, I planned to pay tribute to Aldemar when they called me. When you see the planting, sooner or later when you harvest, I understand that the Latin Grammy nomination is like the second. "
But Rivas has no right to this candidacy because he was nominated for the song, one day before the Latin Grammy official ceremony at the Hollywood Music Media Awards. Dance for youIn Latin category (Traditional) Ruth Pollack playing with Pappas.
– Now what do you think about the music in Venezuela?
– What was done in Venezuela was shocking. Music is growing and nominated for many great awards. However, the male artist's superiority over the female artist continues. It should also be taken into account that, with new trends such as reggaeton and trap, the human factor shows that the human factor is in decline, before and after. However, Venezuelan music continues to be done with great affection.
– How did you decide to make a new record while you were sick?
The cancer was so strong, I expected death. This year I received the Nobel Prize in medicine for immunological treatment. At that time, I got the support of many of my friends and I did the idea of the label I worked in 1995, no matter what, to do a job, and so I collected the songs I recorded. among them, reasons The name of the album is Ptalo Pizzolante.
– Which projects do you have after the award ceremony?
– I have reached an agreement with the Carabobo Symphony Orchestra to conduct a project called Arte en Extremadura, which brings together audiovisual, visual and music arts; In this way, I will continue to teach popular music with a repertoire of more than 20 songs. I have plans to realize the tributes of Aldemar Romero in favor of the reconstruction of Venezuela with the Orquesta Gran Mariscal de Ayacucho.
Latin Grammies will be presented on Thursday at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.