Google's new Chrome OS tablet, Pixel Slate, appeared in the company's October hardware event, but never had a solid start date. When we passed the FCC last week, we were hoping that we would see the new device soon, and we hope that our hope is not misunderstood. The device is currently available for pre-ordering at Best Buy and the Google Store in the US.
The Google Store page shows an estimated delivery window between November 29th and November 30th at the end of the payment process, while Best Buy said the release day is November 22, so it is a note that matches the release date listed on the Midnight Blue for the Pixelbook Pen.
Google Store pricing is as follows:
- Intel Celeron / 4GB RAM / 32GB storage for $ 599
- Intel Celeron / 8GB RAM / 64GB storage for 699 dollars
- 8. Gen / Intel Core m3 / 8GB RAM / 64GB storage for $ 799
- $ 999 for 8th Generation Intel Core i5 / 8GB RAM / 128GB storage
- $ 899 for 8th Generation Intel Core i7 / 16GB RAM / 256GB storage
The options for Best Buy's Slate are a little more limited. See below:
- $ 899 per month for 18 months or $ 44.39 for Intel Core m3 / 8GB RAM / 64GB storage space
- Intel's Intel Core i5 / 8GB RAM / 128GB storage space for $ 999.50 or $ 55.50 per month for 18 months
- $ 1.599 per month for 18 months or $ 88.84 for Intel Intel i7 / 8GB RAM / 256GB storage
The same three models (along with matching price tags) are now available for pre-ordering with B & H.
If you're not in the US, as is the case in these cases, you may have to wait a bit longer for pre-orders to open. For example, if you're Canadian, Google doesn't pre-order for tablets. Those who are still in the UK can go to the English Google Store to order.