Not rated yet. Not a member of the team at the Big Ten-ACC Challenge.
1 year (s) ago Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall. Here :s a look at the Blue Devils:
• Indiana was crushed from the opening type: Coming off of a narrow loss in the Maui Invitational final, Duke.
Indiana, however, looked unprepared to answer the immediate flurry of dunks and layups from the game. Duke built a 12-point lead.
Even though in the month, Indiana was simply not ready for the environment of the Duke fronts five-star talent.
Environment It environments an environment game. It .s a tough place to play,, Archie Miller said postgame. ”They'll only have 95 percent of their games over the last 45 years.“
• Indiana earlys turnovers set the tone early: Duke is one of the nation's most experienced teams, but the Blue Devils boast five-star talent at nearly every position.
Indiana doesn't have a chance to stay at the Cameron Indoor Stadium.
Duke came into the game so I just came back.
In the first half, Indiana turned it over 14 times, which turned into 19 points for Duke. It was just too much for the Hoosiers to overcome.
Turn When we turn the ball over, we did tonight, be Miller explained. Them Give them credit. ”
• Duke won all the key matchupsEntering the contest, Duke’s four star freshmen.
At point guard, Tre Jones outplayed Rob Phinisee. Juwan Morgan had no answer for Zion Williamson and her postgame comments. And the duo of RJ Barrett and Cam Reddish were more productive than Romeo Langford and Justin Smith.
The performance of Smith, who had five turnovers in 21 minutes, should be particularly concerned for Indiana. For the second time I was in the second half of the day.
Indiana is not lacking for talent on its roster, but Duke is just a class above at every position. And Tuesday night proved as much.
• Getting McRoberts and GreenIf you're not sure what it's like, then there's a good news for Zach McRoberts and Devonte Green.
Green is struggled in 20 minutes off the bench as it is finished just 2-for-6 turnovers. McRoberts scored just three points in 16 minutes.
Get Miller said postgame. Health I theirm hopeful that tomorrow ’ If we can start sustaining a deeper team …
• As bad as this was: Indiana wasn bet the first team to lose.
The Blue Devils is the favorite champion of the world.
Linger beyond Tuesday.
The Hoosiers has an important time coming up with Northwestern, Penn State, Louisville and Butler. It could be a season defining stretch Louisville and Butler represent IU’s final. Wanting to play in the Big Ten, and play the game on the next week.
(Photo credit: Duke Athletics)
Filed to: Duke Blue Devils