Experts iFixit took their hands on a new mobile device and, traditionally, were divided into separate components. This time, the Huawei Mate 20 Pro smartphone came into the hands of skilled craftsmen. The engineers determined the characteristics of the iFixit design and made a decision on the sustainability of new items.
Recall, the smartphone Huawei Mate 20 Pro was introduced in the middle of last month. The 1440p and HDR support uses a curved 6.39 inch OLED display with notch resolution. The device runs on a Kirin 980 processor, 6 GB of RAM and 128 GB of internal flash memory. On the back of the smartphone, the Huawei Mate 20 Pro is a triple camera with Leica optics. Quad Bayer with wide-angle f / 1.8 aperture lens includes the main 40-megapixel module. The ultra-wide angle module has a 20 megapixel sensor and a lens with f / 2.2 resolution. Finally, a telephoto lens (80 mm) with an 8-megapixel sensor and f / 2.2 diaphragm is designed for optical zoom of the scene to be shot.
By splitting the device one by one, iFixit's experts gave the new Huawei Mate 20 Pro 4 points out of 10. The maximum score of 10 would correspond to the most easily repairable devices. Therefore, the model is available to be repaired, but this task is not easy.
In general, iFixit experts noted the following points on the maintenance of the Huawei Mate 20 Pro smartphone:
- Many components are modular and can be replaced independently.
- To replace the battery, you only need to remove the back cover and the center bezel.
- The device uses standard Phillips screws and medium amount of adhesive.
- Since this model uses a layered design of components with a motherboard in the middle, this approach required the use of more flexible connecting cables than normal. Thus, the repair process will require more time.
- Glue-fixed glass panels can be damaged during the repair process and the process of repairing and opening the smartphone is quite difficult.
- To replace the display, a long procedure will be required to disassemble the device and you will eventually receive a durable adhesive.
- Breaking the screen also requires changing the fingerprint scanner. And the opposite.