Throughout the night, US NPD Group analysts published a list listing the most successful games from 1995 to 2017. Not surprisingly, in recent years, the US was dominated by the Call of Duty brand.
During the night, market researchers from NPD Group provided interesting statistics about the history of the US video game industry.
The list takes a look at the most successful games from 1995 to 2017 and, among other things, has won successful titles in the late 1990s, despite the dominance of PlayStation & # 39; s. show that you have to be. Big names like "Super Mario 64", "Mario Kart 64" or "Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time".
On the subject: US: September 2018 at Spider-Man enrollment course – PS4 again at the summit
The "Madden NFL" series was increasingly established early in the 2000s, while the years passed by a successful shooter series called "Call of Duty". The promised overview is off.
It should be noted that in this case, only the turnover generated by the main game is used to collect rankings. DLCs or plug-ins did not matter.
The most successful games from 1995 to 2017 (US)
- 1995: Mortal Kombat 3
- 1996: Super Mario 64
- 1997: Mario Kart 64
- 1998: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- 1999: Donkey Kong (64)
- 2000: Pokemon Stadium
- 2001: Madden NFL 2002
- 2002: Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
- 2003: Madden NFL 2004
- 2004: Grand Theft Auto by San Andreas
- 2005: Madden NFL 06
- 2006: Madden NFL 07
- 2007: Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock
- 2008: rock band
- 2009: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- 2010: Call of Duty: Black Ops
- 2011: Task Call: Modern Warfare 3
- 2012: Call of Duty: Kara Ops II
- 2013: Grand Theft Auto V
- 2014: Call for Duty: Advanced War
- 2015: Call of Duty: Black Ops III
- 2016: Call for Duty: Infinite Warfare
- 2017: Call of Duty: World War II
More news about sales charts.