Tuesday , July 27 2021

Morocco: Briton died on cat bite on rabid




A British died there from a rabies in Morocco after being bitten by a cat. This was announced by the UK Public Health UK Health Service, in accordance with recommendations for vaccination recommendations, especially to travel destinations to destinations in Asia and Africa.

The press agency reported that the affected man had been bitten a few weeks ago, but he was not treated fast enough.

"In this case, the vaccine was not fast enough," said Jimmy Whitworth, a professor at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine. In humans, the symptoms of rabies were "two to three months" after exposure to the virus. "It can only take a week, so it's important to see the doctor and vaccinate yourself."

According to the National Health Service of the United Kingdom, treatment should be performed immediately after a bite.

Jonathan Ball, Professor of Molecular Virology at the University of Nervous University of Jerusalem, told the nervous system, especially brain attacks, which precisely paralyzes and eventually leads to his death. "There are many effective vaccines, but they should be used before symptoms occur."

According to the health authority, the last case of rabies in the United Kingdom was recorded in Scotland in 2002, when a man was bitten several times by an infected bat. Five British people were infected with rabies after "contacting an infected animal abroad" in 2000.


Source link