Did Apple shake with the new iPhone? A drama in six games
The bad news around the iPhone manufacturer is booming again. Whatever the excitement, it's time to sort the facts.
The drama in 6 games
Every autumn when Apple launches a new iPhone generation, the same theater takes place: beating the queen of drama. Certainly speaking, a drama in six, – depending on your point of view – you can talk about tragedy or comedy …
- Public impasse: iPhone prices are criticized as astronomical or very high.
- Negative rumors are emerging: referring to anonymous and / or questionable sources, the new iPhone is reported to sell badly.
- Apple's stock price is falling. Whatever the reason.
- Now it's time for everyone to know: self-proclaimed Apple experts explain what went wrong, or what the company should change.
- Apple announced its latest business figures.
- Silence in the woods.
* Disclaimer: The Watson editor joined the choir of critics this year, claiming that Apple's prices for the iPhone XS and XS Max are unjustified.
But the company is the problem?
Last February I announced the "recipe" that promised many clicks. It was about the iPhone X that was allegedly sold badly:
Get unverified rumors, false predictions or assumptions by analysts, complete them with a dose of glee and a "apple prisoner!" Make it into a script.
Then the analysts and the error turned out to be wrong. The iPhone X was the best selling model.
And to the present. We are aware that we have returned to article 4 & # 39;
Now, with a personal resentment for Apple products, the sinking stock price is taking the opportunity to unleash its frustrations.
impressive German blogger Sascha Lobo, who is a columnist in the Watson media partner Spiegel Online, recently gave a deterrent example. My dear colleague is wrong in many different ways and is enough for a separate article. But that would be too much honor. Therefore, the following brief:
- While Lobo emphasizes the nightmare of all privacy advocates, the Amazon's living room error Echo says it all.
- The fact that iPhone X & # 39; s cannot cope with face recognition and wants the home button to be recalled indicates that he belongs to the mobile Neanderthals.
Automatic 3D face detection is superior to a large number of fingerprint scanners, allowing even hard-boiled Android users. For example, a naughty and undoubtedly good copy of Apple's Huawei Mate 20 Pro Face ID It offers.
So everything in Apple?
No, not exactly. And Sascha Lobo could be accidentally injured by the Face-ID critique.
Apple's may have lost
On Monday, we receive the message that there is a discount on iPhone XR ($ 100) from Japan. But only for devices purchased with mobile subscription.
He predicted that the Wall Street Journal's price will drop last week. Japanese mobile service providers would receive subsidies from the manufacturer to encourage the cheapest demand for three new iPhones after the start of disappointing sales.
Just a few days ago, the US newspaper claimed that Apple stopped production of three iPhone models released in September. Analysts joined the choir of negative votes.
No formal approval is available. But this year's pricing really raises questions.
This will follow the news on Apple Country Japan's iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus, which are currently the best-selling iPhone's previous model.
Apple's iPhone 5C may be unlikely to overestimate the demand for a slightly cheaper plastic model, such as the 2013 launch.
With an entry level price of 880 francs, the iPhone XR is nothing more than a budget smartphone. And the "must have" reflex will not be available even with a few hundred francs more expensive than the iPhone XS and XS Max. Only last year's iPhone X optimizations.
As many iPhone fans (threatened with Twitter and Co) are waiting to buy a new model, are they waiting for the next explosion in the fall of 2019? It could be good.
It would be Cyber Monday in the US, the iPhone XR was a special price.
What do fans, traitors and journalists need to know?
We'il stay with the facts:
- The world's richest company sells negative headlines. Right or not.
- Anyone who manipulates the price of Apple shares with rumors can earn a lot of money.
- The stock market value of a company such as Apple has little or no interest in real economic performance or added value. Speculators are speculating and Apple is always doing what it does: sell new equipment along with their equipment and (partly) paid services.
- In January, Apple will present its latest business figures. Then we officially learn how important Christmas business goes.
- For the first time, Apple will look for iPhone sales figures. The US company adapts important communication to competition, which is important for the stock exchange companies. Betrayals for years, no exact figures.
- If manufacturers are selling fewer smartphones or users (in saturated markets), wait longer to buy a new model, which has positive results for the consumer. Competition is growing, prices are under pressure in the medium term.
- The interest of Apple products is unbroken: this was Black Friday. Online retailers Digitec, MacBooks and earplugs were among the fastest-selling & promotions od of AirPods.
The editor's assessment of Apple's best hardware and software package with the iPhone has not been evaluated. Its ease of use is unique and the manufacturer's unrivaled update policy ensures that legacy devices remain functional, secure and valuable.
With the high poker level of Apple at the 2018er price – and it seems to be aware of this: for the Christmas quarter, Luca Maestri, chief financial officer, sells $ 93 billion at a good five percent sales. It was very rare in the past.
You may also be interested in:
Grosi injected prostitutes in Basel
How Apple wrote history
Subscribe to our newsletter