If you’re wondering how to get German audio output in Far Cry 6, you’re not alone. For this you have to pay attention to different things depending on the platform and possibly download separate language packs. Here’s how to translate the game into German for PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One and Xbox Series S/X.
Set up German Synchro on PC (Far Cry 6)
On PC, most players have trouble adjusting the German audio output because you have to download the audio files outside of the game in the Ubisoft launcher. Otherwise, you’ll only encounter grayed-out menus in the game itself.
For German audio output on PC, proceed as follows:
- Close the game and search Ubisoft Link on.
- Search for your Far Cry 6 entry in the game database and select it from the left menu Features end.
- now you can go to general settings (General) select your preferred language. In addition to German, other languages are also available here.
- If you haven’t already, wait Download relevant language files then it starts Far Cry 6 again.
- From the title screen go to Options → Sound → Interface and Language → Speech Output and select the language you downloaded.
German voiceover for PS4, PS5, Xbox One and Xbox Series S / X
This works on console versions Setting up speech output a little easier, but you may also need to download additional language packs here. Proceed as follows:
- From the title screen go to Options → Sound → Interface and Language → Speech Output and select your preferred language.
- You can then see it next to the respective languages Download icon. Each language pack is installed separately.
- Choose from German, English or other languages and wait for the download.
- Install the corresponding language pack and restart the game to choose your language installed possibly in the same menu.
Note: Note that the audio output cannot be changed while the game is running. This applies to both console and PC versions.
Customize subtitles and menu languages
The menu language and subtitle language can be adjusted at any time, completely independent of the audio output, both on console and PC. No extra download is required for this.
- You can change the language of the menus below. Options → Sound → Interface and Language → Menu Language
- You can change the subtitle language below. Options → Audio → Subtitle → Subtitle Language
Any more questions about Far Cry 6’s language settings? Then feel free to write to us in the comments.