He is one of the remembered characters from the neighborhood of “Jaimito the Postman”.El Chavo del Ocho”, his kind personality, his beautiful town ‘Tangamandapio’ and, above all, his unforgettable expression as he loves to ‘avoid fatigue’. The role was played by Raúl “Chato” Padilla, who had a tragic ending on a recording set. Here is the whole story.
MORE INFORMATION: The truth behind postman Jaimito’s entrance to Chavo del 8
The Postman came to the neighborhood heartily after the resignations of Don Ramón and Quico from 1979 until the end of the series in 1992, when Chespirito decided to cancel the popular series due to lower viewer levels.
Postman Jaimito is remembered for his famous phrase “I’d rather avoid being tired”, and also as a great defender and keeper of the mischievous and humorous Chavo del 8, which is not treated very well by other people in the neighborhood.
MORE INFORMATION: El Chapulín Colorado’s real name and where it says
HOW WAS THE TRAGIC DEATH OF MASTER JAIMITO IN THE REGISTRATION SET?
Although the recordsEl Chavo del Ocho“,” Cchato “Padilla continued to work with Gómez Bolaños”Los Caquitos”, where he played in lawyer Raúl Morales as well as other Chespirito specialties until 1995, when he suffered a tragic death on one of his recording sets due to a chronic illness.
The actor’s tragic death was due to diabetes, and despite being overweight, he never controlled or paid attention to his diet, Roberto Gómez Bolaños writes in his memoir “Inadvertently”. As a result of these ailments, the 75-year-old actor had a heart attack in the middle of the set of “Los Caquitos”.
“After the recording, I was waiting for him on the stairs to show me that I could jump from the fifth rung as well. But it didn’t fall. So I went upstairs to see if there was anything wrong with him and he was already dead. Fatigue is avoided forever”, Chespirito told me.
Roberto Gómez Bolaños was a very good friend of Raúl Padilla and in addition, they had many moments together backstage, as they shared many recordings.
“The lyrics were unknown like no one else. Due to some forgetfulness, we never repeated the scenes. It was very easy to remember dates and important data. He was very respectful and disciplined.”, said.
MORE INFORMATION: The origin of Professor Girafales
WHO IS JAIMITO EL CARTERO OR RAÚL “CHATO” PADILLA?
Raul Padilla He was born on June 17, 1918 in Nueva León, Mexico and was popularly known as “Chato”. After the departure of Carlos Villagrán and Ramón Valdés, he was known for his great performances in shows such as Chespirito, which imitated Jaimito el Postero. Furthermore, he was the lawyer Raúl Morales in “Los Caquitos”.
He started acting in theater in 1923 and years later (1975) he worked with comedian Mario Moreno “Cantinflas” in the movie “The Minister and Me”. very good. With Don Mateo Melgarejo.
Most of her career has been spent on the small screen in comic book shows and soap operas. He also worked in “Chespirito”, “El Chavo del 8” and “El Chapulín Colorado” departments for 15 years. Padilla participated in more than 40 films throughout his career and was a part of the “Cine de Oro Mexicano”.
MORE INFORMATION: Why did Ramón Valdés resign from “El Chavo del 8”?
DEATH ACTORS OF EL CHAVO DEL 8
- Ramon Valdes. played Mr. Ramon, his father chilindrina He died in Ciudad de Ciudad on August 9, 1988, at the age of 65, after being sedated for two weeks to avoid the pain caused by stomach cancer. Mexican.
- Angeline Fernandez. Life-giving Spanish actor and comedian Miss Clotilde, NS’71 witches‘, died in Kent Mexican On March 25, 1994, at the age of 71, he contracted lung cancer due to tobacco addiction.
- Horacio Gomez Bolanos. He embodied his character Godinez. HoracioWho was ‘s brother?soul‘, died of a heart attack on 21 November 1999 in Ciudad de. Mexican. He was cremated and his ashes rested in the Czestochowa Madre de Dios Parish in Lomas de Chapultepec.
- Roberto Gomez Bolanos. Popular ‘soulThe actor, who played the main character of the series he created, died on November 28, 2014 in Cancun at the age of 85 from heart failure.
- Maria Luisa Alcala. He played the character Malicha He died on 21 February 2016 in Ciudad de, at the age of 73. Mexican. He reportedly died while sleeping in the comfort of his bed. The actor was covered in the agency Gayosso de Sulivan.
- Ruben Aguirre. he played Professor Jirafales. He passed away at dawn on June 17, 2016, two days after his 82nd birthday. Her daughter Veronica Aguirre Reyes He reported that he died of complications from pneumonia, which he appeared to be recovering from.
- Olivia Garcia Leyva. gave life Gloria, aunt meatball. He ceased to exist on February 17, 2019 after battling cancer at the age of 73.
- Abraham Stavans. The actor participated in several episodes “El Chavo del 8”. It ceased to exist on March 5, 2019, at the age of 86.
- Germanic Robles. The Mexican actor is remembered for playing his cousin. Mr. Ramon –Don Roman– in the program “El Chavo del 8” passed away on November 22, 2015 at the age of 86.
MORE INFORMATION: What is the story behind the song “Caballero del Alto Duster” and Doña Florinda and Professor Jirafales?