Today, November 12 is the day of the struggle against obesity and aims to inform and sensitize the public about the need to take necessary measures to prevent and treat excessive weight and obesity, a growing disease without discrimination. gender, age, social class or geographical region.
Obesity is obese, 39% of adults are overweight and 13% are obese, resulting in excessive accumulation of body fat, leading to weight gain, and the World Health Organization (WHO), which is harmful to the health of people suffering from this condition.
The seriousness of this condition is that the increase in body fat can form the appearance of many serious chronic diseases such as type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disorders, hypertension and even some types of cancer.
The real question is, how can we avoid overweight and obesity in our home with minor changes that concern the whole family? These pathologies have more than one cause, but the basis for a healthy weight is, of course, a balanced, varied and healthy diet. If we do not understand what a healthy lifestyle means, there is no way to achieve a balance in the diet; this is not an obsession, such as counting calories or sieving food groups. The nutrients necessary for the body are better selected by the foods we take to the plate.
Some suggestions to prevent overweight and obesity:
- Increase consumption fruits, 2 to 3 per day: Breakfast and snacks, between the hours between meals or cut in sweet blended blends. My pick season fruits It provides us with the nutrients we need more economically and depending on years.
- consume Fresh salads (lunch and dinner) for all mealsTo increase the consumption of vegetables, fiber, vitamins and minerals to increase.
- consume legumes at least 2 times a week. At this time of the year we can prepare lentils, beans, chickpeas or soybeans salads.
- reduce consumption "white bread and choice Those comprehensive or added bran, oats, seeds etc. Choose them for breakfast and / or snacks, avoid eating them with meals.
- Reduce consumption candy and replace it with sweeteners like Stevia, which are more natural and calorie-free.
- consume lean meat When possible, cow, chicken, pork and sea and marine fish.
- Do not skip meals. Fractionation of purchases during the day is the basis of a healthy diet. At least we must fulfill 4 main meals to encourage our metabolism.
- consume At least 8 glasses of water per dayIn addition to infusions (spouses or teres). We can also select fruit juices with water and thus reduce the consumption of soft drinks and alcoholic beverages.
- make Physical activity at least 50 minutes per dayAlways try to adapt to the rhythm of life and, in particular, the state of health, the guidance of medical controls and physical activity professionals.
Governments and different companies play a very important role in the fight against obesity, but in the food industry The first change should appear in us and how we look at our health and the consequences it can bring. It is enough to take the first step to start seeing positive changes in both body weight and quality of life. Let's join this war to improve our present time and achieve a future with less death due to obesity or the diseases it causes.
Lic. Romina Krauss-Nutritionist
M.P. n ° 147