The Ministry of Health of the State of Israel announced at a meeting on November 6, 2018 that there were 735 cases of measles confirmed during the month of October.
The total number of measles cases approved by the Ministry of Health in 2018 is 1.401.
Moreover, Jerusalem reported 838 cases of measles in 2018.
At the November 6 meeting, Ms. Ilana Cohen, President of the Israel Nurses Association, and Mr. Avi Nissankorn, Histadrut President, said: s All nurses and all nurses in family health centers are required to diagnose and prevent the spread of the entire disease. & # 39;
Also, Deputy Minister of Health Rabbi Yaakov Litzman added that the ministry has allocated all the necessary financial resources to stop further spread of the disease.
In particular, the Ministry of Health has decided to:
- In order to spread the vaccination campaign for the prevention of measles in Jerusalem, the maintenance centers of the Tipat Halav family were also kept open in the evenings.
- The campaign is coordinated with HMOs and municipal bodies. Until now, the percentage of vaccination in unvaccinated "pockets" was over 80 percent from 55 percent.
- A mobile unit designed for vaccination of communities. The mobile unit is patrolling the target neighborhoods for vaccination in the field.
- Coordination with relevant elements in communities with relatively low vaccination rates.
- To recruit new nurses and add new nurse positions in the Jerusalem area and assist additional manpower and male / female health students and nurses.
- Restricting unrestricted visitors from entering sensitive departments in hospitals such as premature babies, intensive care, oncology and hemato-oncology ward.
- Considering the issue of restricting access to schools to unvaccinated individuals who could put the public at risk.
- Due to the limited efficacy of vaccines at early ages and the necessity of repeating vaccination from 12 months of age, it was decided to keep the first vaccination age as it was, except for the specific outbreak centers that would be below. The Ministry of Health is at the discretion of the regional doctor.
Measles outbreaks have been reported in the United States, Brooklyn and Rockland County NY.
New York's health department said the first ever reported cases of measles in New York were from children during their recent visit to Israel.
As of October 6, 2018, individual cases of measles were approved in 25 separate states and the District of Columbia.
In 2018, the CDC said most of the measles patients had not been vaccinated.
Olabilir Measles can cause serious complications such as brain damage and death. This virus is highly contagious; An infected person coughs or sneezes into the air, Ph says Natasha Gildersleeve, PharmD, Clinical Pharmacist, MTM, and Immunization Specialist for the Brookshire Grocery Company.
En The measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccine is the best protection against measles, as it provides a permanent immunity to all measles strains against measles, G said Gildersleeve.
There are two approved measles vaccines in the USA.
International travelers can request an MMR vaccination appointment at local pharmacies in Vax-Before-Travel.
The CDC Vaccination Price List offers private sector vaccination prices for general information.
And vaccination discounts can be found here.
Vaccines, like any drug, may have side effects. It is recommended that you report adverse side effects to the FDA or CDC.