Star collectors Mitchell Starc, Mitchell Johnson and Tom Curran are among eight players released by Kolkata Knight Riders, who won two championships ahead of the Indian Premier League (IPL) tender next month.
Starc had previously said that his contract was terminated by KKR with a text message. Sol-armer was one of the most expensive purchases in the annual auction battle of $ 1.47 million in the 2018 season, but missed the event after the stress in the lower right leg.
Read also – IPL 2019: Yuvraj, Finch, Kings XI as Axar announced the list of major casualties Punjab players
"Two days ago, I received a text message from the owners of Kolkata saying I was released from my contract," Starc told reporters in Sydney on Wednesday.
Johnson and Curran are other high-profile losses released by KKR next season. Other players to be released are Ishank Jaggi, Apoorv Wankhade, Vinay Kumar, Cameron Delport and Javon Searles.
With Johnson out of age, Curran is likely to stay out because he won't be part of the entire team during the tournament.
Retainted: Dinesh Karthik, Robin Uthappa, Chris Lynn, Shubman Gill, Nitish Rana, Rinku Singh, Andre Russell, Sunil Narine, Shivam Blue, Kuldeep Yadav, Piyush Chawla, Kamlesh Nagarkoti, Prasidh Krishna
First Publication Date: 15 November 2018 20:36 IST