An electricity meter equipped with a Linky box placed outside the town of Châlette-sur-Loing in Loiret fired a fire a month after a similar incident in the same city. When Enedis' task manager contacted AFP, the company responsible for setting up the Meter, he denied that Linky had been involved in the fire. Fire on the meter, according to firemen and police, occurred on Friday afternoon. Central Republic.
Less than a month later, Linky said that the number of fires in the city of about 13,000 inhabitants. On Saturday, a police source said, "The source of the fire is a coincidence." The owner of "Boucherie du Center" has announced his intention to file a complaint to Enedis. The new counter was set up in his absence three months ago. The videos of the Witnesses show the smoker. We see that the fire started with a crack, then a black smoke, and finally a flame.
A few weeks ago, a meter exploded in the same town. A counter in a pavilion for fifteen days in the same town on October 13 kas exploded, by the owner. The pavilion was very damaged and two residents, a retired couple, were evacuated. "An electricity meter can explode spontaneously or not," Enedis said, adding that "until now, there are no elements to determine the origin of fire."
Eleven million households are equipped. An official at Enedis Center-Val de Loire said he expected the results of the survey. "The meter has been tested in the laboratory and does not explode, there is no effect of breath", arguing that the frame, "only 2% of electricity-related fires in France" count tables, a number that has not changed for years. Bir The green anise counters, now installed at a rate of 30,000 per day, currently use 11 million households. The legislator needs an area of up to 35 million meters, encompassing the territory, Enedis, a subsidiary of the EDF. Up to now, 91,000 Linky meters were set up in Loiret.