Friday , September 24 2021

Global Fatwa Index warns against Muslim Brotherhood fatwa rhetoric in Arab countries: provocative





Ahmed Badrawi


Published on: Tuesday, August 3, 2021 – 1:19 PM | Last update: Tuesday, August 3, 2021 – 13:19

Tariq Abu Hashima, director of the Global Fatwa Index, warned against the use of the legal provisions of atonement, the fatwa rhetoric based on incitement and incitement by 35% of the “terrorist Brotherhood” in Arab countries. Loyalty, employment, injustice and other provisions that serve to question Arab and Islamic governments and the constant provocation against them, especially since the Brotherhood’s terrorist rhetoric in the first half of 2021 (40%) is about dealing with political issues. As the Palestinian cause and the suffering of Muslims in some countries; In order to gain followers and sympathy for the group and its ideas, it also uses local level political events in many countries, primarily Egypt, through constant and subjective criticism of various policies in order to disrupt any development and political reform.

This came during the organization of a Fatwa Index workshop titled “Consequences of Global Fatwa Index Harvest in 2020-2021” as part of the events of the Sixth World Fatwa Conference, which will be held in the second and third months of August. Cairo was organized under the auspices of President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi and under the title of “Fatwa Institutions in the Digital Age” by the General Secretariat of the Role of Fatwa and Fatwa Organs in the World.

Regarding the comparative study of the index for the period (2018-2021) titled (Continuity and Change in Fatwa Discourse in the World), “Abu Hashima” revealed that this study deals with many issues, especially the period. After studying a sample of (3000) fatwas related to digitization and the effect of technology on the field of fatwa, its technological aspect around the world; He revealed that the years of 2020 and 2021 were the years in which the most interest in technology was seen with 30 percent (30%) of the total fatwa discourse, and that most of these fatwas (60%) were separated from official fatwa institutions. It reflects the willingness of fatwa institutions to examine digital transformation and related issues.

• 90% of fatwa institutions and Islamic centers turned to digitalization

The Fatwa Index confirmed that the Corona pandemic has radically changed the fatwa map, leading to a qualitative shift in the methods and means of issuing fatwas with greater reliance on modern technological technologies and remote communication.

He pointed out that the pandemic and its related fatwa discourse, some resorted to exploiting the legal heritage, reaching a percentage of confidence (30%) in fatwas related to the pandemic, confirming the importance of compliance. legal legacy to serve the issues of renewal and disasters in the modern age.

Regarding the fatwa rhetoric of terrorist organizations from 2018 to the first half of 2021, Abu Hashima warned of the possibility of terrorist organizations returning strongly to fatwa activity after their fall in 2019, and pointed out that the indicators of terrorist organizations’ handling of fatwa activities are increasing. Technological issues in religious discourse in general and fatwas in particular, and the increase in its index on violent jihadist issues reaching in the first half of 2021 (55%), point to the importance of technological confrontation by terrorist organizations. it is part of our intellectual confrontation with them, especially in light of the world’s trend towards digitalisation.

As a result, the index offered a number of recommendations and forward-looking results for those interested in the field of fatwa. To serve the fatwa in coordination, unity and fatwa consultations between these institutions, to issue fatwas, to provide speed and ease of communication with Muslims all over the world so that their technological capabilities can keep up with current developments and gain the greatest benefit from this development. to protect them from extremist and deviant ideology.




Source link