We are nearing the end of 2018 and it is time to judge the best things. Our researchers and critics have done an excellent job with Best of Android 2018 for smartphones. However, there are still two main categories that still need judgment. Includes Android apps and Android games. We don't have a super-scientific method for measuring applications. Different applications do different things and ultimately appeal to different people. So we couldn't figure out a way to determine the best Android apps right away. Instead, we'll ask you!
Below is a big survey with the top 20 Android apps that have been narrowed down by our editors. If you believe this includes launchers, scanners, productivity applications, keyboards, security applications, and even a game emulator. To help maintain expectation, our criteria for this list include:
- Applications (or services) are the last few weeks of 2018 or at least 2017. We cut the waiting period at the beginning of December each year.
- Developers should update the application at least a few times to overcome new application error issues.
- We do not include applications that receive significant updates, re-branding, or ownership changes. There are exceptions to applications that are redesigned, unlike the very old version, or large enough to make themselves felt. In other words, Smart Launcher 5 makes the list, but with the change of name and redesign of the user interface, Google Keep Notes is not used.
Okay, this survey is too big, let's allow it. There are no special rules or anything to consider. Just vote for your favorite! When you want to see what it does, we have some basic subscriptions and links for each application in the survey.
Of course, we don't want to give you a comprehensive list without explaining all of these practices. Here are short descriptions and links for all 20 Android apps:
- bouncer – A bouncer is a security application. It allows users to grant temporary permissions to applications permissions, and the application will then revoke these permissions. For example, you can grant a temporary permission to Facebook to access your location, and then set up the Bouncer to remove it later.
- Cake Web Browser – Cake Web Browser is a slightly different approach to web browsers. It lets you search for various things and then switch between search results like Tinder. It also comes with an RSS feed, a pop-up blocker, an ad blocker, Slices (a news section) and more.
- Havuç Weather – Carrot Weather is a good weather app with a few fun, unique features. The app comes with weather forecasts such as forecasts and current weather. You also get sassy offerings and a neat time ride feature. The time travel feature allows you to see the weather for up to 70 years in the past.
- Dolphin Scanner – Dolphin Browser is not technically new. However, it was re-started after being abandoned for many years. GameCube and Nintendo is just some good emulator for the Wii. New versions have fixed too many bugs and added some new features. Moral gray aside, this is a nice addition to the emulator scene in Google Play.
- Firefox Real Browser – Firefox Reality Browser is a virtual reality browser for Google Daydream and other virtual reality headsets. It supports both 2D and 3D content and adds much needed competition in the field. Of course, it needs more work, but VR is still quite new.
- Forest – Forest is a productivity application with ideas similar to Google's Digital Welfare. You open the application and a tree begins to grow. If you leave the app to check Facebook or do other annoying things, your tree wilts. The goal is to keep you away from the phone while you work. It can also be configured with a whitelist, so you can answer important texts or phone calls.
- Grammar Keyboard – Grammar Keyboard is the best new keyboard in 2018. Like most of its competitors, it doesn't have an eye-catching feature. However, it actively corrects grammar as you type. He also explains the corrections. We expect more flashy features such as writing gestures in future updates.
- shelter – Haven is a niche security app. This is an open source app that helps you protect your things. Install it on a secondary device and place that device in your belongings. The app alerts you to your primary phone when your secondary device is moved, retrieved, or otherwise mixed. This is not useful for anyone, but a really good idea for frequent travelers.
- Parental Control by Heimdall – Heimdall Parental Control is what the name implies. You install it on your device and on your child's device. Then you can check your devices from yours. This includes limiting the application and phone call time, monitoring your child's network activities, and tracking the phone in the premium version.
- Hyperion Launcher – Hyperion Launcher Substratum is the next big application from developers. It has a stock view, tons of personalization options, and an optional Google Feed plugin for fans. You'll also get third-party icon pack support and tons of theme options. Surprisingly good for being new.
- Khan Academy Children – Normal Khan Academy is one of the best educational apps on Android. Khan Academy Kids plays a similar role for children's learning practices. The app covers reading, reading, writing, math, logic, memory and problem solving. It is also free without any advertising or in-app purchases. What doesn't he like?
- Kiwi Browser – A new browser from Kiwi Browser 2018. It's based on WebKit and Chromium for a relatively soft experience. You'll also get a powerful ad blocker, crypto-protection protection and a minimally styled user interface for quick browsing and content enjoyment. It also supports 60 languages.
- Lean Launcher – Lean Launcher is the most awesome launcher version for fans of minimalism. It has a stock Android view along with several good security and customization features. You can hide icons from your application drawer, change the theme, and use gesture controls. We didn't love some of the other launches on the list as much as we like, but it's really good for what they're still doing.
- Navigation Movements – Navigation Gestures basically adds gesture controls to any smartphone. Basically, you can configure any movement you can think of, including taps, swipes and swiping from different parts of the screen. These actions can trigger any action that is more available in the premium version. She needs a job, but it worked for us.
- Opera Touch – Opera Touch is a new mobile browser from Opera. Includes requested properties such as an ad block, a QR code scanner, and a group small availability feature. I don't synchronize with the PC version and I think it should definitely. However, it is otherwise a very functional web browser than a large name in the field.
- Poco Launcher – How did the OEM launcher make this list? Well, because she's actually pretty good. Poco Launcher is a lightweight launcher with usability and security features to please us. It includes home screen customizations, categorical application rankings, and you can hide applications from the application drawer. Not bad, Xiaomi, not bad.
- protonvpn – ProtonVPN, since 2018, is our favorite new VPN. Get basic information correctly. It means no registration, good encryption and a home base in a neutral country (Switzerland). It has a good unlimited free version, even at slower speeds. Subscription prices are not half bad. It was a shoo-in for our list of best VPN applications.
- REMEMBER – RememBear is a new password manager of TunnelBear, the developer of popular anonymous VPN service. Initially there were some problems, but the password manager is rapidly increasing in the field. In fact, many other password managers have many of the desired features.
- Smart Launcher 5 – Smart Launcher 5 was a gigantic departure from earlier versions of the launcher. This new version features adaptive icons, themes, application rankings, ultra-immersive mode, gestures, and other customization features. It even has an integrated application cabinet, which kills two birds with one stone for safety fans.
- Youtube music – Technically it is only a big update, so we discussed internally whether to include it. However, it is about the biggest new music service in 2018. We loved the integration of music videos in our first impression video with streaming music. Real music should be much better over time with the possible exception of quality.
Since 2018 there were a lot of great applications and if we forget one, let us know in the comments after voting for others, so we can count the votes for your favorite apps!