Tuesday , November 30 2021

5 people hospitalized after exposure to carbon monoxide in Calgary – Calgary



[ad_1]

On Wednesday morning, five people were hospitalized after a carbon monoxide accumulation at a downtown Calgary site.

Carol Henke, of the Calgary fire, said the search came at 7 o'clock in the morning for a gas leak report at 611 7 Ave. S.E.

EMS carried five patients to the hospital, two were serious but not life-threatening, and the other three were in non-life-threatening conditions.

EMS said there were three men and two women among those taken for treatment.

READ MORE:
2018 Carbon Monoxide Awareness Week 1-7 November

Henke said the firefighters at the scene found carbon monoxide levels of 400 ppm (a part in a million), which is thought to be dangerous to human and animal health.

He said that a total of twenty-five people had been evacuated from the building.

Henke seems to be the result of the machine used indoors.

Henke said it is important to run the vehicles in confined spaces, such as garages, and to ensure proper maintenance of your oven.

More information on how to protect yourself from this colorless, odorless gas is available on the ATCO Gas website.

READ MORE:
Carbon monoxide poisoning sudden in winter: what you need to know

© 2018 Global News, a Corus Entertainment Inc. is a division of the company.

[ad_2]
Source link