Monday , March 8 2021

The United States announced it would take Argentine beef again a few days after the meeting between Macri and Trump.



During the bilateral talks between Presidents Mauricio Macri and Donald Trump, the US government announced it. Will allow the purchase of beef from ArgentinaSo the market will reopen after 17 years.

The Animal and Phytosanitary Supervision Agency of the United States Department of Agriculture informed the Minister of Agriculture Business about the return of the equivalence system between the two institutions. This means that The health measures of beef meat have the appropriate level of protection demanded by the Trump administration..

Argentina will have the advantage of access for a fee 20,000 tons per year Value of 150 to 180 million dollarsand this volume must exceed another entry tariff of 26.4%.

On July 2, 2015, the US Department of Agriculture had already allowed for the import of meat banned since then because of foot-mouth diseases. However, in order to complete the export, final determination on sanitary measures remains.

It is estimated that 80% of the product will be exported. The lean meats demanded by the American industry for hamburger production and not in sufficient quantities by American manufacturers. The remaining 20% ​​will be high quality cuts, premium products with special features.

The announcement was celebrated on Twitter by President Mauricio Macri. "Our producers will be able to move from a market of 44 million people to one of the largest in the world, and this will do more work for the Argentineans," the head of state wrote.

Foreign Minister Jorge Faurie, meanwhile, said "the importance of this decision for the Argentine agricultural sector". new business opportunities for our manufacturers and exporters. In addition, the Argentine represents the success of the smart addition policy to accelerate growth and development. "

"The outcome of this negotiation reinforces the importance of continuing the opening of other Argentinean products to world markets, as well as reinforcing the already existing trade flows with States," Dante Sica, Production and Labor Minister, said. United. "


Source link