The Ministry of Public Health participates in the national dermatological control campaign organized by the Dermatology Association of Argentina (SAD) and reminds the necessary care to prevent skin cancer. Activities are part of the skin cancer prevention week.
The controls were carried out on Friday, November 23 at the Carrasco Hospitals (Bv. Avellaneda 1402) from 8.30 to 11 & apos; & apos; & apos; or (Urquiza 3100) demanded the transition. 4307185. Activities are carried out together with the Provincial Health Ministry through the Cancer Control Agency.
Furthermore, on Sunday (December 25th), Calv. In Oroño and the river, the Civil Society of Dermatology in Rosario will conduct preventive activities and provide information on skin care.
– To avoid problems with your skin, you should take the following care.
– Avoid exposure to direct sunlight for 10 to 16 hours.
– Infants should not be exposed to the sun until the age of one.
– Use sunscreen and renew every two hours
– Protect yourself from the sun by wearing cover and goggles
– Pay attention to changes in the skin and visit the dermatologist once a year.
– A change in skin appearance is the first sign of melanoma. Therefore, it is important to know the location and appearance of moles.
Among the most important recommendations to keep in mind, experts refer to the ABCDE rule:
– Asymmetry; One half is different from the other half.
– Edge; Irregular, wavy or poorly defined edge.
– Color; change from one area to another; different shades of brown and black; Sometimes white, red or blue.
– Diameter; Melanoma is generally smaller than 6 mm at diagnosis (the size of a pencil eraser).
– Evolution; a mole or skin lesion that looks different from the others or changes in size, shape or color.
– Other changes that may indicate melanoma are pain in a mole, itching or bleeding, or a new point in the skin.