Green tea is a natural astringent that gives interesting results in the treatment of acne. Do you know how to use it? Here we tell you in detail.
Acne is not a serious health problem in most cases, at least from an organic perspective. On the other hand, from a psychological point of view, it causes significant effects. It can affect your appearance and self-esteem. Can green tea help with acne treatment?
It usually responds well to home treatments such as acne, green tea. Only rarely does it become resistant and in these cases a dermatologist requires specialist intervention. This problem mainly affects young people. However, it can occur at any age.
Acne has a higher incidence in women, but manifestations are more severe in men. 5% of women continue to suffer until the age of 40. In general, as reported by Better in Health with acne, it is thought to be a serious accompanying problem if it occurs suddenly in an elderly adult.
Factors affecting acne
There are some factors that are prone to acne, including age, family history, hormonal changes, skin contact with oily substances, pressure or friction friction on the skin (such as mobile phones applied to the face). and stress
Read more ► ANMAT bans beer, cookies, olive oil and condiment brands
However, there are several factors that can make acne worse. These:
- Ingestion of some drugs. Mainly containing corticosteroids, lithium or testosterone.
- Diet. According to the researches, foods that affect acne the most are carbohydrates, chocolate and skim milk. There is no incidence in foods with high fat content.
- hormones. Hormonal changes in puberty, menstrual period, pregnancy and oral contraceptive use increase sebum production.
- stress. Although anxiety alone does not cause acne, it may make the situation worse.
There is a myth that acne arises from a lack of hygiene. This is wrong. Washing the skin with excessive force or with very strong soaps can make the problem worse. The use of cosmetics by itself does not produce or increase acne.
Acne treatment with green tea
Green tea is a natural astringent that gives interesting results in the treatment of acne. It is also an antioxidant substance Helps to remove excess oily skin
Drinking green tea helps combat acne Helps reduce sebum formation on skin Meanwhile, it also controls insulin and blood sugar levels. As usual, no exaggeration is good. It is enough to drink green tea a day.
Green tea can likewise be used as a topical solution. Apply some green tea extract to affected area. This helps to remove bacteria from the area, reduces inflammation and prevents the appearance of spots.
Read more ► What is careful compliance?
Other ways to use green tea against acne
There are some more detailed ways to use green tea. Not only does it help you treat acne, it also improves the overall appearance of your skin. It provides freshness, firmness and prevents aging. Some of the most effective masks are:
- Green tea and honey. A spoon of each element is mixed and a paste is formed. It is then applied to the face and allowed to act for 15 or 20 minutes. Rinse with cold water and repeat twice a week.
- Green tea and aloe. You need two bags of green tea, a tablespoon of aloe and a glass of water. An infusion is made with two tea bags and allowed to cool. It is then mixed with the other components and placed in an atomizer. Spray on face after bath.
Have you tried the green tea remedies against acne? As you can see, both consumption and administration can be useful to treat this skin problem. Start using it and check the effects.